What a godawful week. My finger is now better, however, the ligament is a bit short so I am in phys rehab to get that finger back working. As if that wasn’t enough, I had to fight for three days to get rid of the Lovesan/Msblast virus which somehow found its way into my computer and constantly insisted on restarting the system every five minutes or so.
And here is something really good (thanks Jen).
You Know You’re Living in the Year 2003 when…
1. Your reason for not staying in touch with family is because they do not have e-mail.
2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
3. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
4. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
5. Every commercial on television has a web site address at the bottom of the screen.
6. You buy a computer and 3 months later it’s out of date and sells for half the price you paid.
7. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your
life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.
8. Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase would be a hassle and take planning.
9. You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
10. You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.
11. Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
12. Your idea of being organized is multiple-colored Post-it notes.
13. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
14. You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.
15. You disconnect from the Internet and get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
16. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.
17. You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and check your E-mail on your way back to bed.
18. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. ; )
19. You’re reading this and nodding and laughing.
20. Even worse; you know exactly who you are going to forward this to…